These pancakes are everything that pancakes should be. Easy, soft, fluffy and they require only a few ingredients, all of which you probably already have them all in your kitchen. Go make them. NOW. You know you want to.
Serves 1 hungry vegan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
- Optional: Other flavourings such as cinnamon or vanilla
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan and preheat to medium.
- Mix baking powder and flour in a bowl.
- Add in soy milk and syrup while stirring the batter.
- The batter should be thick, but pourable, like a thick smoothie. The consistency of your batter will vary based on the humidity, temperature and climate of where your flour has been stored. If you think the batter may be too thick (like a paste), then add 1-2 tbsp more soy milk.
- Pour the batter slowly onto the pan and cook until small holes form in the pancake, about 1 minute.
- Flip with a spatula and cook on the other side for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the pancakes.